8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly closing procedures and prepare financial statements. Manage the Corporate Accounting Department.
• Coordinate the month-end closing procedures and reports:
• Review G&A transactions for possible General Ledger reclassification.
• Review and prepare monthly reports.
• Review trial balance.
• Review Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and job cost detail reconciliations.
• Complete month-end checklist.
• Manage weekly cash flow procedures and reporting by coordinating cash outflow with cash received:
• Approve A/P cash disbursement amounts.
• Ensure payments are made on time.
• Review job files for outstanding invoices.
• Communicate outstanding invoices, expense reports and new A/P procedures.
• Manage the reporting function, including preparation and analysis:
• Prepare, review and analyze quarterly financial statements.
• Review account analysis quarterly.
• Prepare account analyses, such as burden and insurance.
• Assist with financial statement analysis.
• Schedule and coordinate year-end audit and preliminary meetings.
• Review audited financial statement and accompanying footnotes.
• Re-establish beginning balances.
• Analyze and review company and joint venture tax returns.
• Distribute K-1s.
• Prepare and maintain quarterly and year-end checklist.
• Manage General Accounting employees, including training, developing and retention and performance reviews.
• Review the 1099 process.
• Prepare year-end personal auto information.
• Maintain corporate filings and minutes.
• Review corporate credit card purchases.
• Handle CMIC issues in department.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Four-year degree in accounting or equivalent experience
• Certified Public Accountant desirable
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience; experience in a construction environment desirable