8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk will provide financial, clerical and administrative support by ensuring the receipt of payments and the proper recording and posting in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. The role requires adherence to related internal controls and processes and procedures. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
• Post customer payments by recording checks/ACHs/wires into the general ledger system.
• Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Verify account discrepancies by investigating with internal staff as well as clients.
• Summarize receivables daily and cash report weekly.
• Perform bank reconciliations monthly.
• Initiate bank transactions and record corresponding journal entries.
• Review outstanding checklists monthly.
• Administer company credit cards.
• Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
• BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience in the construction industry.
• 2+ years of accounting experience, with experience as an AR Clerk.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook; hands on experience operating spreadsheets.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting.
• Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Demonstrated time management, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Construction experience desired, but not required.