8750 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue Suite 500 Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Assistant Controller provides managerial, functional and technical process leadership and is considered a senior level consultant within the organization. This position will assist the Controller in overseeing organizational accounting functions and all activities related to the budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting of financial data, including analyzing statistical data. This position will report to the Controller.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Manages the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Accounting Departments.
• Helps train and develop accounting staff.
• Assists the Controller in directing the organization’s accounting functions.
• Aid the Controller in managing both the short and long-term fiduciary activities.
• Establishes and maintains the organizations accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Oversees the training and development of accounting staff and delegates duties to meet departmental and organizational goals.
• Guides and assists other departments by clearly communicating accounting and budgeting policies.
• Disseminates new procedures and policies as necessitated by best practices.
• Assists with the analysis and review of the organization’s financial performance by collecting, analyzing and reporting financial and statistical data.
• Oversees the preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports and presents findings and recommendations to senior management.
• Assists in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with established best practices.
• Work with the Controller to create immediate and future strategies for the organization's fiduciary planning, investment and budgeting activities.
• Coordinating month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting, and submitting regular and ad hoc reporting packages.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual audit.
• Utilize accounting IT systems to facilitate processes and maintain records.
• Develops innovative and effective solutions to problems in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting through individual effort or as part of a team.
• Bachelor's in accounting or Finance
• CPA certification
• 8+ years of accounting experience
• 3+ years of managing a department
• Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
• Construction experience
• Expert level proficiency in an ERP system
• Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment Ability to think analytically and manage multiple priorities