8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Power Construction and Blinderman Construction, both headquartered in Chicago, have established the BlindermanPower joint venture for the purposes of serving our country's federal facility construction and renovation needs. https://www.blindermanpower.com/
The joint venture, formally established in 2022, is led by two federal construction market veterans, Dave Guseman, VP – Federal Program, of Blinderman Construction, and Darren Morton, VP – Federal Market Leader, of Power Construction. Dave Guseman served our country with the 1st of the 131st Infantry Regiment after completing his US Army training at Ft. Benning. For almost 25 years now, Dave has held a variety of positions in the construction industry that have supported multiple federal agencies such as the Department of Defense and the Department of Interior. Darren Morton served our country as a Civil Engineer Corps officer in the US Navy for 20+ years and has worked as a general contractor building diverse projects for the Department of Defense and other federal agencies at locations around the country for the last decade.
The BlindermanPower project team structure provides a direct chain of command that clearly defines management authority, accountability, and decision-making power. Each team consists of technical professionals with relevant project experience and the know-how to lead and coordinate a proactive, efficient, value-based decision-making process.
Founded in 1926, Power Construction is a family and management-owned GC/CM serving public and private clients across the country. With a professional staff of over 400, annual revenues of $1.5 billion, and a bonding line of $1 billion, Power brings a "do it right" mindset.
Power also has a longstanding heritage of exceeding expectations. More than 90% of Power's work is awarded from repeat and referral clients. Something else we take great pride in is our long history of zero litigation with any client, architect, or subcontractor…ever.
What if this was the last "new job" you ever had?
Our practice has always been to grow from within, enabling team members to build a long-term career that’s just as solid as our buildings. Rather than viewing Power as simply a "next step", we hope you’ll see us as your professional home – a place where you can grow, evolve, and reach your goals. We know that bringing diverse perspectives together fosters stronger outcomes. We are driven to wow our clients and business partners, improve our processes, hire the right people, and help them succeed while having a blast doing what we all love.
MEP Quality Control Manager
The MEP Quality Control Manager position is a full-time traveling role, stationed at the project site. This position Is responsible for developing and ensuring compliance for project quality control plans, including direct oversight and review of the quality process through documentation and physical inspections of work.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive, project-specific MEP Quality Control Plan
• Review all project drawings for errors, omissions or inconsistencies
• Perform MEP quality inspections during construction
• Establish procedures to review and approve project processes including submittals, three phases of control, outside testing, and documenting and correcting deficiencies
• Punch list for Quality Control at various points during the projects for the MEP trades
• Prepare and rollout closeout training and documentation procedure
• Review and maintain quality documentation to ensure that all activities are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and all regulations, codes, and company procedures
• Conduct QC meetings and prepare written meeting minutes
• Supervise and direct on-site personnel and outside consultants involved in quality control work
• Perform three phases of inspections for all definable features of work, including safety and hazard identification
• Perform internal/external audits to ensure quality control plans are being implemented and maintained
• Oversee resolution of all corrective measures required to correct nonconforming work
• Support adherence to health and safety guidelines, as well as regulatory requirements
• Help superintendents and project managers resolve technical and operational problems with MEP systems
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Construction Management or similar field of study, or significant equivalent safety-related work experience
• 10+ years of relevant quality control experience required
• Possess extensive knowledge of Federal quality control programs and their requirements
• Ability to obtain specialized certification or licensing dependent on Company and Project requirements
• Skills and knowledge: HVAC Systems, Electrical Engineering, Plumbing
• General business skills required: Writing field observation reports, problem solving, team oriented, self-motivation
• Nice to have: Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management (CQM) course completion
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.