8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Power Construction and Blinderman Construction, both headquartered in Chicago, have established the BlindermanPower joint venture for the purposes of serving our country's federal facility construction and renovation needs. https://www.blindermanpower.com/
The joint venture, formally established in 2022, is led by two federal construction market veterans, Dave Guseman, VP – Federal Program, of Blinderman Construction, and Darren Morton, VP – Federal Market Leader, of Power Construction. Dave Guseman served our country with the 1st of the 131st Infantry Regiment after completing his US Army training at Ft. Benning. For almost 25 years now, Dave has held a variety of positions in the construction industry that have supported multiple federal agencies such as the Department of Defense and the Department of Interior. Darren Morton served our country as a Civil Engineer Corps officer in the US Navy for 20+ years and has worked as a general contractor building diverse projects for the Department of Defense and other federal agencies at locations around the country for the last decade.
The BlindermanPower project team structure provides a direct chain of command that clearly defines management authority, accountability, and decision-making power. Each team consists of technical professionals with relevant project experience and the know-how to lead and coordinate a proactive, efficient, value-based decision-making process.
Founded in 1926, Power Construction is a family and management-owned GC/CM serving public and private clients across the country. With a professional staff of over 400, annual revenues of $1.5 billion, and a bonding line of $1 billion, Power brings a "do it right" mindset.
Power also has a longstanding heritage of exceeding expectations. More than 90% of Power's work is awarded from repeat and referral clients. Something else we take great pride in is our long history of zero litigation with any client, architect, or subcontractor…ever.
What if this was the last "new job" you ever had?
Our practice has always been to grow from within, enabling team members to build a long-term career that’s just as solid as our buildings. Rather than viewing Power as simply a "next step", we hope you’ll see us as your professional home – a place where you can grow, evolve, and reach your goals. We know that bringing diverse perspectives together fosters stronger outcomes. We are driven to wow our clients and business partners, improve our processes, hire the right people, and help them succeed while having a blast doing what we all love.
Provide overall on-site supervisory and technical management on construction project site. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained. High level of control in planning and coordinating field activities. Works closely with Project Manager often during the planning and buyout of the project.
• Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
• Develop and strengthen client relationships with contracting officers and decision makers at local, regional and national federal agency organizations.
• Promote project safety, ensure safety audits are conducted, and confirm subcontractor AHAs follow company and federal safety protocols.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions and staff (engineering, material control, etc.)
• Develop and manage project schedules
• Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and ensure overall contractual performance
• Approve all project purchase requisitions, equipment rentals, etc.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.
• Implement and maintain tight quality control issues
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, management tools, standards, etc.
• Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements
• Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Review change order requests prior to submittal to owners
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction
• Assist in business development through active membership in industry/government organizations, networking through conference and Industry Day attendance, targeted relationship building, and developing winning proposals.
• Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience
• 8-20 years of construction management and/or craft supervisor experience
• Federal project experience is a must
• Military service is an added bonus
• Thorough knowledge of every aspect of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules and safety
• Strong communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.