8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Financial & Qualification Analyst provides direct support to the VP of Risk Management by overseeing the company's subcontractor prequalification program and subcontractor default insurance. The Financial & Qualification Analyst will drive Power's subcontractor qualification program among the company's internal and external partners. The Financial & Qualification Analyst will serve as an internal business partner by developing productive business relationships; using information to understand internal business partners’ expectations, needs, and circumstances; and anticipating and recognizing issues/problems and responding quickly.
As Power Construction Company, LLC ("Power") explores new markets and different geographies, complexities are increasing, and risk elements are changing. At the same time, Power is developing its next generation of leaders. Empowering this generation with risk knowledge is a key imperative for Power’s continued success.
The Risk Management team provides Power and its companies a unique strategic advantage by expertly navigating risk complexities and helping create a generation of leaders well-versed in risk management.
Management and administration of the company's subcontractor qualification program:
• Monitor and review qualification workflows.
• Assist the onboarding of subcontractors to obtain all necessary documentation required for the qualification process.
• Provide support to subcontractors in completing their qualification via self-service questionnaire.
• Assess and analyze financial, safety and insurance documents submitted via the self-service questionnaire.
• Assess and apply proper risk mitigation techniques.
• Communicate qualification concerns to senior management and project teams.
• Monitor subcontractor's prequalification limits, approval status, and adherence to any risk mitigation plans.
• Coordinate qualification meetings and track risk mitigation measures.
• Learn and utilize technology used in tracking compliance, following established review processes.
SUBCONTRACTOR DEFAULT INSURANCE PROGRAM
Management and administration of the company's subcontractor default insurance program:
• Coordinate with company's insurance broker the placement of the company's subcontractor default insurance program.
• Oversee the enrollment of projects and subcontracts.
• Coordinate and assist in the subcontractor default claims.
Assist in the administration and issuance of subcontracts and corporate compliance programs:
• Collaborate with the Contract and Compliance Analyst in the issuance of subcontract agreements and administrating the company's various administrative compliance programs.
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in business or finance or 3-5 years of experience.
• Analysis and reporting skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Communication, both written and verbal, to various levels within the organization while using discretion with confidential information.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite and easily adaptable to other in-house software applications.
• Ability to learn new legal skills and acquire specialized knowledge related to performance of job duties and accomplishment of department and corporate goals.
• Experience and understanding of construction financials and contracts will be a plus.