8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The IT Support position will join a dynamic IT organization focused on providing superior customer service to the Power Construction team. The IT Support person will be a detail-oriented, customer-centric, professional support person. The individual should be highly motivated to continuously improve IT services in quality, reliability, consistency and efficiency.
This position is tasked with assisting the IT team with support for our field, remote access, workstation support, and the support of various IT project implementations. This person will also be responsible for receiving requests for assistance or problem reports from users, performing an initial analysis, and invoking the proper support mechanism. The position will be expected to assist the other members of the IT Support team in issue tracking and resolution as well as other various support duties as directed by senior staff.
• Acts as a technical point of contact for all employees and assists in analyzing problems and coordinating resolutions for end users and IT team; utilizes ticket tracking system to document, track and monitor issues.
• Responsible for the day to day support and maintenance of business-critical Power IT systems and applications.
• Performs in person support and network setups for Field offices in the Chicagoland area.
• Performs remote user support via phone and remote sessions.
• Identifies, researches and resolves complex technical problems.
• Responsible for asset management for IT equipment and systems.
• Supports the department's vendor management.
• Maintains billing and invoices as they apply to IT Services.
• Able to be a collaborative team member with a knack for taking initiative and contributing above and beyond expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2 – 5 years of related IT support and helpdesk experience.
• Personal vehicle required for travel to field offices in the Chicagoland area as needed.
• Ability to lift to 50 lbs. required.
• Committed to the highest quality of customer service and time management; must be able to follow-up and follow through for all customers and teams. Is approachable, focused, and efficient.
• Strong technical skills with the Windows environment, phone systems, printers, laptops, tablets, iPhone, and iPads. Overall strong technical background and project management skills are required.
• Demonstrates ability to learn new software, understand technical information, and communicate it to others using clear, concise, and user-friendly language.
• Understands networks, firewalls, server dependencies, TCIP, subnets, and databases.
• Can easily and quickly learn and support corporate client/web applications.