8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Power Construction is Chicago's top General Contractor according to Crain's Chicago. But more than that, we are a culture where you can find us flying drones, brewing beer, giving back to the community and spending time together during company sponsored events (when COVID-19 guidelines permit). It’s one of the reasons we’ve been selected by our employees as a Top Workplace in Chicago, year after year. We are builders. We crave being in the field and share an appetite for innovation. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together helps foster stronger outcomes. We are driven to improve our process, hire the right people and help them grow.
The Learning & Development Specialist works closely with other members of the Learning & Development team to bring innovative training to the company. Learning is engrained in our culture at Power and we believe in bringing quality content to our employees to help build their careers. The Learning & Development Specialist will have exposure to build their own skills and knowledge, as well as different aspects of the Construction Industry. This role will need to build relationships, create and facilitate both classroom and virtual training, and work with Subject Matter Experts.
If you are creative, passionate about learning and growth, think innovatively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you!
• Facilitate and design innovative training for Power University, that also communicates Power's Values
• Project manage full lifecycle of training from creation, execution, and evaluation
• Work with Subject Matter Experts to capture knowledge, design content, and assist them with facilitation skills
• Oversees scheduling of training and marketing/ communication of events to the company
• Use Adult Learning Theories and evaluations to ensure training is effective and participants are retaining and utilizing what is taught
• Conduct needs analysis to fill skill gaps across the departments/ field and communicate results. Suggest and create new learning based off analysis
• Assist with Performance Management cycle, including reviews, goal setting, and communication
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Instructional Design. Master's Degree preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar Learning & Development role
• Experience facilitating training with adults and knowledge of Adult Learning Theories and Instructional Design Models
• Experience with Learning Management Systems, virtual learning platforms, and eLearning authoring tools (Zoom, Articulate Storyline, Cornerstone) is required.
• Must be a self-starter. Able to manage multiple projects, with competing deadlines and priorities, and have excellent time management skills
• Professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365