8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Palmer Consulting Group is a stable, dynamic and growing professional services organization providing business and technology services and solutions to the construction and other project-based industries. We exist to help our clients achieve great outcomes by maximizing their use of technology, implementing new systems, becoming more efficient and focused, and assisting their teams to grow their knowledge and challenge their status quo.
We are committed to creating a positive experience for our employees and our customers. We are thoughtful in our hiring process, taking the time to find people with not only have the right technical skill sets, but also those who believe their work is a means to helping clients—internal and external—achieve great outcomes.
The Managed Services Engineer 1 (MSE) is responsible primarily for server, desktop and application system administration, virtualization, and applying operating system and application patches. The MSE Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and maintains documentation of client and internal desktops, network and systems. The MSE performs a variety of simple to medium level tasks and escalates support issues as required.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, application and configuration(s).
• Level 1 Support for problems identified with Line of Business applications, desktop applications, systems and network.
• Manage end point deployment software solutions.
• Participate in after-hours upgrades as needed.
• Standard system administration duties including application/server patch and hotfix install, troubleshooting operating system level issues.
• Test and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN.
• Configure monitoring systems, develop associated management reports defined by their manager.
• Develop support desk, monitoring reports, and PowerShell scripts to automate manual processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 0-3 years’ experience with strong interest in Information Technology.
• 1-3 years’ experience working with a help desk system.
• Effective communication skills (verbal& written).
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Adapts well to changing environment, work assignments.
• Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
• Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
• Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technology stack e.g. O/S, SQL, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Office 365, PowerShell, etc.
• Basic understanding of network protocols and network configurations.
• Knowledge of construction technology is desirable