8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The primary function of this role is to support Power Construction project teams in the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection (MEP/FP) systems review of the various project design phases. The preferred candidate should have experience with one or more building mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or fire protection systems with some estimating experience. Engineers or construction managers that enjoy working with the MEP trades and their cost and complexities are encouraged to apply.
• Participate in pre-construction meetings, providing opinions and suggestions periodically throughout the planning and design phases. Includes reviewing design documents at each phase for MEP/FP system constructability and quality with the intent to identify challenges and opportunities.
• Support Project Managers during value engineering efforts and in the buying of a fully integrated scope of work.
• Prepare contractor scope sheets/estimates and RFI’s, change orders, and construction schedules
• Maintain subcontractor relations and build subcontractor interest for future bids.
• Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process.
• Actively support in-house BIM staff, Quality Support Managers and MEP/FP Coordinators.
• Assist in conducting monthly MEP/FP quality workshops using lessons learned experiences from current projects such that this unique knowledge and information is shared with other project teams expeditiously.
• Continue to refine the MEP/FP quality control program.
• Participate in quarterly operations meetings.
• Education and Experience
o. Experience required: 2-6 years experience in MEP system exposure and construction estimating
o. 4 year degree in an engineering discipline, and/or possibly architecture or construction engineering
o. Professional licenses, certificates or specialized training: LEED accreditation is a plus
• Skills & Knowledge
o. Proven track record with design and construction procedures and practices, with emphasis on MEP/FP systems. Possess strong knowledge of materials, methods, and processes with plan and specification interpretation skills.
o. Teaching and coaching, problem solving, being a team player and supporting other staff, self-motivated, written and verbal communications including development and delivery of technical learning and business development presentations.
o. Microsoft Suite toolset required. Familiarity with Bluebeam, On-Screen Take-Off and SmartBid is preferred.