8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Power Construction is Chicago's top General Contractor according to Crain's Chicago. But more than that, we are a culture where you can find us competing in beach volleyball or softball in Grant Park, brewing beer, attending neighborhood festivals, giving back to the community, and spending time together during a range of company-sponsored events. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been selected by our employees as a Top Workplace in Chicago, year after year. We are builders. We crave being in the field and share an appetite for innovation. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together helps foster stronger outcomes. We are driven to wow our clients and business partners, improve our processes, hire the right people, and help them grow.
INTERN & CO-OP OPPORTUNITIES:
PROJECT ENGINEER INTERN / CO-OP
• Assist in document control, procurement, and overall project management and construction supervision activities at the job site during the construction period. Includes directly managing an assigned scope of work.
ESTIMATING INTERN / CO-OP
• Support our project teams in the development of accurate budgets and estimates from conceptual design through guaranteed maximum price.
• Further develop BIM (Building Information Modeling) skills through 3D modeling support and coordination with project teams.
• Assist in document control and field management efforts within our self-perform carpentry or concrete team.
• Hands-on, field-centric work experience.
• Furnished housing is provided to all out-of-state interns, inclusive of rent and utilities.
• Mentorship and coaching.
• Numerous in-person and online learning programs from Power University.
• Monthly project engineer meetings.
• Annual company meeting.
• Summer outings around Chicago.
• Individualized performance review at the conclusion of the program.
• Currently enrolled in a collegiate setting studying construction management or a related engineering or architecture discipline (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Architectural Engineering, etc.)
Power Construction (and all subsidiary companies, including United Insulated Structures, GCS Supply, and Palmer Consulting Group) is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.