8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Assist in project management and construction supervision efforts. Management and coordination of all submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, and document control activities at the job site during the construction period. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
• Budget preliminary documents
• Work with in-house Designers to facilitate early-stage design process
• Distribute new or updated drawings and specifications
• Solicit bids/quotes
• Perform estimates and takeoffs
• Prepare and update project schedules as required
• Research drawing interpretations, problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
• Research, transmit and monitor RFI's
• Prepare a submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications. Monitor and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements. Follow through as required.
• Distribute, research, monitor, compile proposed Change Order (C.O.), Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI), etc. Submit to Supervisor for approval. Update contract documents with C.O., ASI, etc.
• Maintain tracking system to expedite construction materials and equipment
• Maintain and update status reports as required
• Generate punch list
• Attend and document project meetings
• Oversee general correspondence as required
• Manage close out process. During course of project, aide in reviewing and verifying quantities and unit prices of subcontractor extra work orders.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's or Superintendent's direction
• Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of related experience and technical training (1-4 years)
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
• Must be willing to travel 2-3x/mo to project sites for 1-2 days at a time
• Related computer experience, including MS Office
• Knowledge of construction management and scheduling software
• Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with Project Team
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills
• Setting goals
• Customer orientation, team orientation
• Process improvement, problem solving, detail oriented
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.