8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Provide overall management for pre-construction activities and work with the superintendent to ensure successful project completion. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained. Make decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with client and profitability of projects which he/she manages. Acts without close supervision. Requires proven experience and judgment required.
• Develop and strengthen client relationship.
• Accurately estimates projects from conceptual through construction documents.
• Responsible for overall budgeting / bidding activities on projects.
• Provide initial schedule for estimating and bidding purpose. Assist superintendent with detailed construction scheduling as necessary.
• Negotiate, award, write and enforce contracts.
• Review with superintendent project costs to ensure project is kept within budget.
• Ensure compliance with bond and insurance requirements.
• Maintain subcontractor relationships. Assist with conflict resolution.
• Work with superintendent on job site logistics and schedule.
• Coordinate office support as required for project needs.
• Coordinate all close-out activities on a timely basis.
• Perform additional assignments per client or management direction.
• Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent
• Extensive (4-10 years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and staff management.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
• Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.