8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The receptionist is often the first impression of Power Construction and should have a positive interaction with all employees and visitors throughout the day. This position provides company-wide administrative support where primary duties include answering and routing calls, greeting guests, accepting deliveries, processing mail, placing orders and additional administrative duties. Excellent customer service skills and moderate proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are required. This position offers a great opportunity for a dynamic, motivated self-starter to work on a variety of projects and be challenged.
• Greet clients/visitors with a positive, helpful attitude and notify employee(s) of arrival.
• Answer, screen and direct incoming calls in a professional manner and reroute as necessary.
• Organize and tidy reception and common areas (café, coffee areas, supply room, copy rooms, conference rooms, etc.) daily.
◦ Order weekly groceries for café area and office supplies as needed.
• Management of conference rooms (room reservation, catering needs and general maintenance).
• Upkeep company contact lists and jobsite directory.
• Organize and process incoming/outgoing mail, faxes, messenger service and package deliveries.
• Manage communication with building services and open tickets as necessary.
• Assist Human Resources department for all event planning including: holiday parties, company gatherings, conferences, trainings, external meetings, etc.
• Perform other administrative duties as requested.
• Must be able to work from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
• Out-going, service-oriented personality and professional appearance.
• Must be courteous and diplomatic in dealing with external contacts. Position has continual contact with owners, labor, and subcontractors.
• Proficient computer/typing skills and use of Microsoft Office suites.
• Must be a self-starter with solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be attentive to details, organized, reliable and punctual.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40lb for project drawing and UPS purposes.
• Additional marketing savvy is a must.