8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Founded in 1926, Power Construction has been one of Chicago's most respected builders of commercial, institutional, and luxury residential projects for decades. But more than that, we are a culture where you can find us flying drones, brewing beer, giving back to the community, and spending time together during Company-sponsored events. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been selected by our employees as a Top Workplace in Chicago, year after year. We are builders. We crave being in the field and share an appetite for innovation. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together helps foster stronger outcomes. We are driven to continually strengthen the firm by hiring the right people and helping them grow.
CAREER SERVICES WITH POWER:
What's the number one challenge for every company? Hiring the right people.
Our people drive our success and enhance our culture. The Career Services Team at Power finds those people and shares our stories and approach. We are looking for someone passionate about not only working in the business of construction, but on the business of Power. Our Career Services Coordinator will proactively coordinate Power's college and professional recruiting programs as well as be a key player in our culture reinforcement and mentoring efforts.
Think you'd be a great ambassador for Power Construction? We would love to talk with you!
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
• You love it when things get busy. Our Career Services Team is constantly interacting with a large number of people both in-person and digitally. Confidence and approachability are key.
• You want to make an impact. You will make a difference at Power and in the lives of Power people.
• You connect naturally. You will immerse yourself in social situations with ease and help others discover if a career at Power is their best-fit solution for the long-term.
• You're driven to build a diverse team and can interact positively with different types and generations of people.
• You have a proven track record of exceptional follow-up. Regular communication with candidates and operations executives is key.
• You're patient but driven to persevere and succeed. In an industry where the best candidates are often passive candidates, it takes time to develop a relationship and help a strong candidate see the opportunity.
• You enjoy picking up the phone and building connections. You're a self-starter and a problem solver with the ability to share the big picture story.
YOU'RE GOOD AT:
• Talent Sourcing: Identifying candidates, building pipelines, and keeping in touch.
• Resume Review: Evaluating online applicants, posting new positions, and managing the flow of candidates.
• Interview Set-up: Assisting with collegiate and working professional interview site visit coordination.
• Organization: Managing cloud-based data bases.
• Adjusting Priorities: Ability to switch from task to task.
• Proactive Coordination: Setting up and periodically traveling for on-campus recruiting events that may include: Career Fairs, Company Information Sessions, Classroom Presentations (Preparing marketing materials, banners, signage, handouts, presentations, etc.) and coordinating intern events/housing.
• Diversity in Thought and Actions: Expanding Power's diversity and inclusion focus through hiring, scholarships, and outreach programs.
• Paving a New Road: Providing new ideas to enhance Power's approach to recruiting, culture building, and career services support.
• Written communications.
• Marketing savvy is a bonus.