8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Safety Intern will be responsible for handling day-to-day tasks as related to the Safety Department, while also supporting smaller, low-risk projects. Additionally, the Safety Intern will also work on a major project suiting their interest and benefits Power, as required by the internship program. This individual will report to the Safety Manager or Safety Director. The ideal individual will be well organized, detail oriented and have an understanding of construction related practices and policies. Preferably, the individual will be striving for a career in construction or related field.
• Implement on-site safety program responsibilities and duties;
• Assist in developing, revising and conducting employee/subcontractor safety orientations;
• Document all incidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities
• Identify, report and assist in resolution of safety violations, unsafe behaviors and non-compliant conditions;
• Relay safety-related communication to required parties (i.e. project team);
• Safety documentation management as required;
• Program and document development as required;
• Develop and conduct training as required;
• Provide CCIP support as required;
• Additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Working to complete a Safety and Health Degree from an accredited program;
• Strong organization, communication and prioritization skills;
• Self-starter with the ability to schedule and efficiently support teams;
• Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with project team;
• Customer and team orientated;
• Problem solving ability;
• Attention to detail;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.;
• Travel in and around Chicago and its suburbs.