8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Safety Supervisor’s primary function is to provide safety support to a specific project or multiple projects based on the company’s needs. This individual may report to a Safety Manager or Safety Director. The individual will be experienced and have an understanding of construction-related practices and policies.
• Interface and communicate with client representatives, subcontractors, tradesmen, and project teams.
• Implement on-site safety program responsibilities and duties.
• Provide technical assistance including policy or procedure development, revision, interpretation and implementation; also provide method recommendations, alternative solutions, and issue resolution.
• Review project safety-related documents (i.e. Subcontractor Safety Plans and Job Hazard Analysis) and provide feedback to project teams and subcontractors.
• Plan and coordinate safety-related activities with the Project Team.
• Develop, revise and conduct site-specific safety orientations.
• Conduct safety observations at project site to ensure safety policies and procedures are implemented consistently;
• Document, notify and implement corrective action for on-site violations and disciplinary action.
• Identify needs, develop and conduct training at project and company level.
• Participate and support incident investigation process including lessons learned process.
• Participate in start-up, pre-construction and other meetings with subcontractors and Project Team to communicate safety expectations.
• Work with project teams to verify insurance and contractual safety requirements are being met by subcontractors working on assigned projects.
• Safety-related documentation management as required.
• Relay safety-related communication to required parties (i.e. project team).
• Assist and coordinate as directed with OSHA and other regulatory agency interactions.
• Participation in Safety Department activities, including but not limited, to monthly department meetings.
• Provide mentoring and feedback to all Power employees.
• Additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a safety-related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• Knowledge of construction related standards, requirements and best practices (OSHA, healthcare, basic insurance); ability to implement company safety policies through planning and site visits required.
• Ability to create and conduct training for all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
• Computer and technology skills with emphasis on mobility (preferably Apple iOS)
• Technical writing skills.
• Strong communication, organization and cognitive skills are essential. Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Capable of prioritizing and detail-oriented.
• Willing to travel in and around Chicago and its suburbs.