8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Safety Supervisor’s primary function is to provide safety support to a specific project or multiple projects based on the company’s needs. This individual may report to a Safety Manager or Safety Director. The individual will be experienced and have an understanding of construction related practices and policies.
• Interface and communicate with client representatives, subcontractors, tradesmen, project teams, etc.;
• Implement on-site safety program responsibilities and duties;
• Provide technical assistance including policy or procedure development, revision, interpretation and implementation; also provide method recommendations, alternative solutions, issue resolution, etc.;
• Review project safety-related documents (i.e. Subcontractor Safety Plans and Job Hazard Analysis) and provide feedback to project teams and subcontractors;
• Planning and coordination of safety-related activities with the Project Team;
• Developing, revising and conducting site-specific safety orientations;
• Conduct safety observations at project site to ensure safety policies and procedures are implemented consistently;
• Documentation, notification and implementation of corrective action for on-site violations and disciplinary action;
• Identify needs, develop and conduct training at project and company level;
• Participate and support incident investigation process including lessons learned process;
• Participate in start-up, pre-construction and other meetings with subcontractors and Project Team to communicate safety expectations;
• Work with project teams to verify insurance and contractual safety requirements are being met by subcontractors working on assigned projects;
• Safety-related documentation management as required;
• Relay safety-related communication to required parties (i.e. project team);
• Assist and coordinate as directed with OSHA and other regulatory agency interactions;
• Participation in Safety Department activities, including but not limited, to monthly department meetings;
• Provide mentoring and feedback to all Power employees;
• Additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a safety related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
• Knowledge of construction related standards, requirements and best practices (OSHA, healthcare, basic insurance); ability to implement company safety policies through planning and site visits required.
• Ability to create and conduct training for all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
• Computer and technology skills with emphasis on mobility (preferably Apple iOS)
• Technical writing skills
• Strong communication, organization and cognitive skills are essential. Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Capable of prioritizing.
• Detail oriented.
• Travel in and around Chicago and its suburbs.