8750 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue Suite 500 Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Provide overall on-site supervisory and technical management of all concrete activities in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules and cost estimates. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained. High level of control in planning and coordinating field activities. Works closely with Project Manager often during the planning and buyout of the project.
• Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A-E representatives, other contractors, etc.
• Manage all concrete structures to include foundations, elevated formwork cycles, cranes, layout and controls, placement, consolidating and finishing concrete best practices.
• Administer on-site safety program
• Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions and staff (engineering, material control, etc.)
• Develop and manage project schedules.
• Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and ensure overall contractual performance.
• Approve all project purchase requisitions, equipment rentals, etc.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc.
• Implement and maintain tight quality control issues.
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, management tools, standards, etc.
• Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements.
• Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend / implement corrective actions as required.
• Review change order requests prior to submittal to owners.
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
• Four year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
• 8-20 years of construction management and / or craft supervisor experience.
• Thorough knowledge of every aspect of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
• Proficiency in all phases of concrete which includes excavation, forming systems, rebar, mesh and stone placement, as well as, verifying grades
• Strong communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.