8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Provide overall supervisory and technical management on a construction project site. Ensure high client satisfaction and quality through planning, coordination of construction activity. Develop and maintain relationships in accordance with our mission and values.
• Develop, manage and supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A-E representatives and other contractors, etc. Take responsibility for project spending.
• Administer, support and participate in on-site safety and quality support programs for employees and subcontractors.
• Plan, coordinate, supervise and mentor on-site functions and staff (engineering, material control, etc).
• Develop and manage project schedules.
• Schedule and coordinate sub-contractors and ensure overall contractual performance. Finish projects on time and within budget.
• Approve all project purchase requisitions, equipment rentals, etc.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, participate in bids, logistic planning, estimating, advise on recommendations of construction methods and equipment.
• Implement and maintain tight quality control methods.
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, management tools, standards, etc.
• Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements.
• Ensure all on-site personnel comply with Company procedures, policies and specific project procedures, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify appropriate parties, recommend and/or implement corrective actions as required.
• Aid in recruiting of staff and contribute to their mentoring and coaching. Be a positive example for others to follow. Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote teambuilding.
• Review change order requests prior to submittal to owners.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with owner and subcontractors while presenting a “do what it takes attitude”.
• Support and participate in staff mentoring, training and development.
• Perform additional assignments as directed.
• Four-year degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering, or equivalent trade construction experience.
• Minimum of ten years construction management and/or craft supervision experience.
• Construction, management and accounting practices.
• Strong communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.