8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Developer is responsible for front end programming, back end programming, and provides input into the design of developed web pages. They develop and design front end web architecture and ensure the responsiveness of applications and work for web design features. The Developer will manage a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. They will collaborate with customers or departments on technical issues, including software system design and maintenance.
The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, collaborative, approachable professional that encourages user feedback, teamwork and has a drive to deliver continued system improvement throughout the organization.
• Develop front end website architecture.
• Design user interactions on web pages.
• Develop back end website applications.
• Manage server and database creation / maintenance.
• Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
• Ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Implement minor graphic design.
• Design and develop APIs.
• Follow best practices for code design and testing which include functional, system, and regression testing.
• Meet both technical and consumer needs.
• Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Translate user requirements into technical solutions.
• Recognize, diagnose and correct bugs.
• Effectively present new company technical solutions to non-technical staff.
• Provide all company training on new company technical solutions.
• Adhere to industry standard Change Management processes.
• Collaborates with all functions of the business to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications.
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle including AGILE and Water Fall concepts and applies these methodologies to assigned projects.
Project Management (PM):
• Apply project management skillsets to all efforts which include communication, critical thinking, scheduling, and time management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, .Net and Node.JS
• Proficiency with Microsoft Flow and Power Apps.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software, understand technical information, and communicate it to others using clear, concise, and user-friendly language.
• Always strives to deliver error free code.