8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The Staff Accountant will oversee accounts payable, expense reporting, and sales/use tax filings. This position will also be responsible for providing a variety of tasks related to the maintenance and processing of project information. The role requires adherence to related internal controls and processes and procedures. This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
• Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions.
• Perform general account analysis and reconciliations.
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports.
• Assist in project setup.
• Assist in distribution of Subcontractor payments, including review and collection of Waivers and Affidavits from Subcontractors.
• Assist in collection of final documents for job closeout.
• Follow-up with subcontractors as needed for appropriate compliance documentation.
• Coordinate proper communication between operations, subcontractors, and client personnel, as directed.
• Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook; proven Excel skills
• Construction experience highly desired, but not required
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to think analytically and manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated effective time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent construction experience
• 2+ years of accounting experience