5430 St Charles Rd Berkeley, IL 60163 United States
We’re a driven team of professionals working in a fast-growing market sector with a national footprint, seeking a Structural Engineering Associate. Our Structural Engineering Associate will work under the guidance of licensed professionals and will be responsible for key aspects of structural design to help bring the visions of the entire project team to life through structural integrity and a collaborative approach.
• Directly apply learned knowledge of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design to prepare structural design calculations in compliance with relevant building codes and standards using a combination of hand calculations and analysis software
• Assist in the preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final construction documents including structural drawings, specifications, and written reports
• Review structural shop drawings for compliance with the project design criteria
• Interface with project teams, clients, contractors, and other engineering disciplines to assist the team from project startup through completion.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering required
• Engineer In Training (EIT) Certification preferred
• 2-5 years related structural design experience working on Commercial and Industrial projects
• Working knowledge in current versions of Revit & AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of RISA-3D or similar engineering analysis software, a plus
• Demonstrates practical knowledge of building codes and relevant material standards
• Ability to interface well with entire project team in a fast-paced setting
• Possess strong communication and leadership skills
• Skilled in a multi-disciplinary environment contributing to several projects simultaneously
• Industrial, Cold Warehouse, and/or Food Processing Facilities experience a plus