8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
The primary function is to support our project teams in the development of accurate budgets and estimates from program through guaranteed maximum price.
• Work with the entire preconstruction team in various capacities
• Accurately estimate projects from conceptual through construction document phases
• Present Value Engineering ideas when required.
• Interpret and accurately compare contractor proposals through detailed bid analysis sheet.
• Prepare quantity surveys for most construction trade work.
• Maintain subcontractor relations and build subcontractor interest for future bids.
• Assist in maintaining historical cost database and as well as subcontractor database.
• Maintain good working knowledge of current unit costs and building costs/s.f.
• Maintain and build stronger client relations.
• Negotiate, award and write subcontracts.
• Accurately estimate general condition costs as well as preliminary scheduling.
• Navigate and utilize information contained in REVIT Models
• Bachelor’s degree in a construction related field
• 2-10 years of experience/knowledge of construction estimating
• High degree of analytical skills.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and processes.
• Plan & specification interpretation.
• Must be able to clearly and effectively present detailed information in meetings.
• Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Possess strong ethics.
• Communication skills (verbal & written).
• Ability to delegate effectively.
• Knowledge in WinEst, OST, SmartBid, Excel and Word.
• Understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
• Superior communication and interpersonal (tact diplomacy, influence, etc) skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete numerous projects in a timely manner.
• Travel in and around Chicago and its suburbs.