Being a trusted Chicago-based construction partner for nearly a century is only impressive if you look at what it’s taught us and how it’s equipped us to serve our clients, our team and our community.
In that time, we have helped people to realize big dreams, conquer seemingly impossible challenges and create stunning work that becomes part of our city’s iconic landscape.
We’ve also developed specialty teams that are obsessed with their area of focus and are intimately familiar with the unique demands of specific industries and project types.
Chicago is our home. We’re proud to be a part of its past, present and future. Likewise, we're honored to partner with clients on their projects elsewhere in the country.
Building Strong Relationships for 97 Years
65Promotions Per Year on Average
90Percent of Clients Refer or Rehire Us
Power Your Career
We are actively seeking energized people who share our core beliefs and have a true passion for what we do.
A Chicago Tribune Top Workplace… eight years in a row!
What if Power was the last new job you ever had? Our practice has always been to grow from within, allowing team members to build a long term career that’s just as solid as our buildings. Instead of viewing your role at Power as simply a next step, we hope you’ll see it as your professional home, where you can grow, evolve and advance.
Your independent thinking, hands-on approach, and desire to carve your own path in the Chicago construction industry will be valued here. And you’ll know that you’re valued because of the mentorship, training, benefits and advancement opportunities you experience.
Our foundation is only as strong as our team. Join us in creating your dream job, and you’ll be an instrumental part of the Power success story being written every day.
Looking for some tips on how to stand out among a sea of canidates? Check out our guide: Find Your "Best Fit" Career Opportunity
While POWER is a multi-faceted company, having highly specialized teams within our company allows us to better serve our clients. Each group has the unique expertise, key industry partnerships and proven processes to assure success.
Complex small to medium-sized projects under $30 million
- New construction and renovations
- Ideal for healthcare, education, senior living and hospitality markets
- 43 dedicated team members and 75% repeat and referral clients
Luxury condominium and single-family homes of distinction
- Specialized in sophisticated, one-of-a-kind residences
- Use proven commercial management processes and technology
- Deliver a level of quality and speed not typically seen in luxury residential market
Corporate interior build-outs
- From a small renovation to a complete new headquarters, no project is too big or small
- Speed to market focused
- Small business attention, large firm resources
Airside and landside construction
- Airside expertise in safety, logistics, phasing and disruption avoidance planning
- Collaborative reputation with clients, partners, subcontractors and air traffic control
- Full range of complex projects with varied scopes and sizes
Delivering state-of-the-art freezer/refrigeration/food processing facilities nationwide
- Single source accountability with in-house Design+Build services
- 80% repeat clients
- Expert in both new construction and renovation scenarios
Blinderman Construction and Power Construction, both headquartered in Chicago, have established the BlindermanPower joint venture for the purposes of serving our country's federal facility construction and renovation needs. https://blindermanpower.com/
The joint venture, formally established in 2022, is led by two federal construction market veterans, Dave Guseman, VP - Federal Program, of Blinderman Construction, and Darren Morton, VP - Federal Market Leader, of Power Construction.
The BlindermanPower project team structure provides a direct chain of command that clearly defines management authority, accountability, and decision-making power. Each team consists of technical professionals with relevant project experience and the know-how to lead and coordinate a proactive, efficient, value-based decision-making process.
- CM at-Risk (CMAR)
- CM Agency (CMA)
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- Lump Sum
- Design+Build (DB)
- Public-Private Partnership (P3)
Services & Expertise
- Comprehensive Preconstruction & Construction Services
- Virtual Design & Construction Services (3D BIM/4D Modeling/5D Modeling/VR/AR/Laser Scanning)
- MEP Planning & Coordination Services
- Sustainable Construction Practices
- Proactive Diversity & Inclusion Practices
- Self-Perform Concrete, Carpentry & Drywall Capabilities
- Lean Construction / Prefabrication / Modularization
- Drone / Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Cloud-based construction technology platforms including remote real-time collaboration