8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Founded in 1926, our company culture celebrates an entrepreneurial spirit and we’ve never stopped looking for smart ways to evolve. Focused in the greater Chicago metro area, we are Chicago's leading general contractor by volume with annual revenues over $1.4B. We're a multi-faceted company with specialized operating groups, allowing you the opportunity to work on projects in several markets - driving variety, change, growth, and exposure around the firm for your personal career development.
We are builders. We crave being in the field and share an appetite for moving ever-forward. Our leaders are actively engaged, our employees build long-term careers, and we foster trade partner relationships that drive customer value. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together helps foster stronger outcomes. We are driven to wow our clients and business partners, improve our processes, hire the right people, and help them grow. Most importantly, it's what allows us to fulfill our fundamental promise: to exceed expectations, every time.
Assist in project management and construction supervision efforts. Management and coordination of all submittal, cost control, scheduling, reporting, and document control activities at the job site during the construction period. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained.
• Budget preliminary documents
• Distribute new or updated drawings and specifications
• Solicit bids/quotes
• Perform estimates and takeoffs
• Prepare and update project schedules as required
• Research drawing interpretations, problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
• Research, transmit and monitor RFI's
• Prepare a submittal log in accordance with the project schedule and specifications. Monitor and expedite submittals in accordance with the submittal log and project requirements. Follow through as required.
• Distribute, research, monitor, compile proposed Change Order (C.O.), Architects Supplemental Instruction (ASI), etc. Submit to Supervisor for approval. Update contract documents with C.O., ASI, etc.
• Maintain tracking system to expedite construction materials and equipment
• Maintain and update status reports as required
• Generate punch list
• Attend and document project meetings
• Oversee general correspondence as required
• Manage close out process. During course of project, aide in reviewing and verifying quantities and unit prices of subcontractor extra work orders.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's or Superintendent's direction
• Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combination of related experience and technical training (1-4 years)
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
• Knowledge of Construction Management Software
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.