8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Provide overall supervisory and technical management on a construction project site. Ensure high client satisfaction and quality through planning, coordination of construction activity. Develop and maintain relationships in accordance with our mission and values.
• Develop, manage and supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A-E representatives and other contractors, etc. Take responsibility for project spending.
• Administer, support and participate in on-site safety and quality support programs for employees and subcontractors.
• Plan, coordinate, supervise and mentor on-site functions and staff (engineering, material control, etc).
• Develop and manage project schedules.
• Schedule and coordinate sub-contractors and ensure overall contractual performance. Finish projects on time and within budget.
• Approve all project purchase requisitions, equipment rentals, etc.
• Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, participate in bids, logistic planning, estimating, advise on recommendations of construction methods and equipment.
• Implement and maintain tight quality control methods.
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, management tools, standards, etc.
• Review submittals for compliance with contract requirements.
• Ensure all on-site personnel comply with Company procedures, policies and specific project procedures, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify appropriate parties, recommend and/or implement corrective actions as required.
• Aid in recruiting of staff and contribute to their mentoring and coaching. Be a positive example for others to follow. Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote teambuilding.
• Review change order requests prior to submittal to owners.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with owner and subcontractors while presenting a “do what it takes attitude”.
• Support and participate in staff mentoring, training and development.
• Perform additional assignments as directed.
• Four-year degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering, or equivalent trade construction experience.
• Minimum of ten years construction management and/or craft supervision experience.
• Construction, management and accounting practices.
• Strong communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.