Part of the O'Hare Modernization Program, the Multi-Modal Facility (MMF) was the largest construction undertaking at the airport in the last 25 years. The 2.5 million sf facility provides thousands of travelers with a central location for ground and rail transit, as well as parking and rental car services – reducing the need for rental car shuttles.
The joint venture team achieved more than the 25% DBE participation goal, resulting in over $112 million in DBE contracts.
Consolidated Rental Car Facility and Public Parking
- Relocated and Centralized all airport car rental operations into three-levels totaling 4,365 stalls
- Over 2600 economy parking spaces
- Electric charging stations accommodating 24 cars
- Parking guidance technology quickly locates open parking spots
- Facility foundations and structure will support a future addition of four levels accommodating over 5,000 more parking stalls
Quick Turn Around (QTA) Maintenance Facility
- 270,000 sf, three-story facility
- Multi-level fueling for 72 vehicles, the first in the state of its kind
- 15 car wash stations
- 24 maintenance bays