8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Founded in 1926, our company culture celebrates an entrepreneurial spirit and we’ve never stopped looking for smart ways to evolve. Focused in the greater Chicago metro area, we are Chicago's leading general contractor by volume with annual revenues over $1.4B. We're a multi-faceted company with specialized operating groups, allowing you the opportunity to work on projects in several markets - driving variety, change, growth, and exposure around the firm for your personal career development.
We are builders. We crave being in the field and share an appetite for moving ever-forward. Our leaders are actively engaged, our employees build long-term careers, and we foster trade partner relationships that drive customer value. We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together helps foster stronger outcomes. We are driven to wow our clients and business partners, improve our processes, hire the right people, and help them grow. Most importantly, it's what allows us to fulfill our fundamental promise: to exceed expectations, every time.
The primary function of the Estimating Intern is to support our project teams in the development of accurate budgets and estimates from program through guaranteed maximum price.
• Work with the entire preconstruction team in various capacities
• Assist estimating team with quantity take-offs
• Interpret and accurately compare contractor proposals through detailed bid analysis sheet
• Contact and maintain relations with trade partners for current market pricing
• Assist in maintaining historical cost database and as well as subcontractor database
• Maintain good working knowledge of current unit costs and building costs/sf
• Navigate and utilize information contained in building models
• Participate in active project site visits
• Understanding of estimating methodologies (uniformat, masterformat, omniclass)
• Ability to perform quantity surveys
• Ability to draft introductory scope sheets
• Understanding of preconstruction design phases and estimating approaches
• Understanding of how to coordinate scope with subcontractors
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field
• Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and processes
• Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with Project Team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Team orientation
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete numerous projects in a timely manner
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.