8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Power Construction seeks a highly motivated individual to become the main point of contact for contract and financial coordination with the Project Team, Owners, and Subcontractors. This individual will be responsible for preparation of monthly payment requests, coordination of all subcontractors change orders, payments, contracts and waivers/affidavits. The ideal candidate will have a client-focused approach and will work well independently and as part of the accounting team.
• Review and enter subcontract agreements.
• Enter and maintain change order documentation.
• Prepare monthly pay requests (billings).
• Manage and communicate job cash flow.
• Analyze job cost and identify problems.
• Review and track waivers, affidavits, and collections.
• Record cost transfers in accounting software.
• Maintain bond information request forms.
• Assist in job closeout process.
• Participate in project review meetings.
• Manage subcontractor payment distribution.
• Assist Project Manager in identifying the need for additional services.
• Issue project performance reports.
• Advise project team of accounting procedures and policies.
• Review owner contracts to ensure all terms and requirements are being met.
• Contribute to accounting team meetings with knowledge sharing and process improvement ideas.
• BA in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience in the construction industry.
• 2 years of accounting experience.
• Proficient with MS Office and MS Outlook; proven Excel skills.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, think analytically and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• CMiC experience highly desired, but not required.
Power Construction (and all subsidiary companies) is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.