8750 W Bryn Mawr Ave Chicago, IL 60631 United States
Provide overall management for pre-construction activities and work with the superintendent to ensure successful project completion. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained. Make decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with client and profitability of projects which he/she manages. Acts without close supervision. Requires proven experience and judgment required.
• Develop and strengthen client relationship.
• Accurately estimates projects from conceptual through construction documents.
• Responsible for overall budgeting / bidding activities on projects.
• Provide initial schedule for estimating and bidding purpose. Assist superintendent with detailed construction scheduling as necessary.
• Negotiate, award, write and enforce contracts.
• Review with superintendent project costs to ensure project is kept within budget.
• Ensure compliance with bond and insurance requirements.
• Build and maintain local market subcontractor relationships.
• Work with superintendent on job site logistics and schedule.
• Coordinate office support as required for project needs.
• Coordinate all close-out activities on a timely basis.
• Perform additional assignments per client or management direction.
• Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent
• Extensive (5-10 years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and staff management.
• Ability to travel up to 100%.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
• Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
• North Carolina, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan
Power Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Power Construction is committed to increasing opportunities for historically disadvantaged workers (including women and members of disproportionately affected racial and ethnic groups), as well as residents of marginalized communities.